Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM)
In Collaboration with the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers (CNAM) France, the College of Extended Learning at California State University, San Bernardino has been offering Advanced Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Certificate program since 2004. The program has been recently expanded to include students from other parts of the world.
CNAM Entrepreneurial Management Program
Entrepreneurial Management is an intensive summer program designed for business students, initially exclusively for CNAM students, with focus on process and methods involved in starting and growing enterprises including accessing capital and positioning an enterprise for sustainability.
The course covers four main aspects of entrepreneurship
- Opportunity Recognition
- Business Modeling
- Business Planning & Presentation
- Early Stage Financing
- Faculty members from the top 4 entrepreneurship program in the nation: CSUSB entrepreneurship programs was ranked #4 in the U.S by the United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (USASBE).
- Guest speakers are successful leaders in the industry
- Business plan project: A comprehensive business plan from idea generation, business model development, marketing strategy, financial forecasting to plan execution and business presentation
- Great learning opportunity for future entrepreneurs and mid-career individuals who seek to increase their professional horizons
- Industry visits to different types of international and local businesses, such as:
- Pep Boys Distribution Center(supply chain management)
- ESRI (information technology and entrepreneurship)
- Amazon Fulfillment Center (retail management and logistics)
- San Bernardino Chamber of Commerce (government-business relations)
- Access to university campus facility, including library, state-of-the-art gymnasium
- On-campus apartments and experience American college lifestyle
- Southern California location, with easy access to world famous attraction such as Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Disneyland, University Studios, Las Vegas, San Diego, Sea World, Southern California beaches, mountains, lakes, desert and etc.
To understand the integration of people and processes in entrepreneurship.
- Skills and Tools:
To gain the critical skills and tools needed to successfully assess, shape and take advantage of new venture opportunities.
To understand the difference between venture capital, private equity, early stage and traditional financing sources.
- Key Factors Of Success:
To have a better understanding of the key factors of success for new venture creation, launch, and funding and to assess your personal entrepreneurial capacity.
To experience the entrepreneurial planning process first hand and to gain an understanding of the launch process from idea to succession.
Dates & Fees
- 3 week program (August 1-18, 2016) with housing $1,816.40
What do Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Coco Chanel, Louis Vuitton, James Dyson, Oprah Winfrey, Warren Buffet, Walt Disney have in common? ENTREPRENEURSHIP!