What is Conditional Admission?
Conditional admission is available to international students who meet all university entrance requirements except for the minimum English scores.
CSUSB requires the following English scores for admission:
- Undergraduates: TOEFL 500 (61 Internet-based) or IELTS 5.5;
- Graduates: TOEFL 550 (79/80 Internet-based) or IELTS 6.0*
*MBA, MSA, MPA, English Composition and Communication Studies require IELTS of 6.5
Degrees which do not accept conditional acceptance:
- Master of Arts in Communication Studies
- Master of Arts in English Composition
- Master of Arts in Education – Special Education Option
- Master of Fine Arts – Creative Writing
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Computer Science
General Admission Requirements
|Freshman||Lower Division Transfer||Upper Division Transfer|
|Minimum High School GPA = 2.5||Minimum High School GPA = 2.5||Minimum College GPA = 2.0|
|Minimum College GPA = 2.0||Complete Golden Four with “C” or better|
|Good standing with last institution attended||Good standing with last institution attended|
Lower division transfer is Less than 60 semester/90 quarter transferrable units.
Upper division transfer is More than 60 semester/90 quarter transferrable units.
|Second Bachelor’s Degree||Master’s Degree|
|Minimum College GPA = 2.5*Minimun GPA||General: Minimum College GPA = 3.0*Minimun GPA|
|Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university||Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university|
* Minimum GPA requirement may vary by degree.